What Are the Main Functions of Route Planning Software
Route planning tools integrate the following functionalities:
- Task Assignments, or finding the best route for a given task and then assigning that task to the best-suited individual.
- Vehicle Tracking, or the feature that lets you see the location of your vehicles in real-time on a map. This helps keep track of your fleet and can be used to dispatch vehicles to new locations or track their progress on delivery.
- Delivery Management, or the management of deliveries, includes the delivery status, the proof of delivery receipt, and the quantities delivered.
- Access to Customer Information or a way to track customer information and orders. This can include basic contact information, order history, and tracking information. In some cases, the software may also provide instant notifications to customers or staff about changes in their order status.
- Time Recording, or a system of recording when people or vehicles arrive at and depart from a certain location. This can be used for things like security or traffic purposes.
- Route Updates, or how the Google Maps app for Android provides a real-time map and route updates. The app will automatically update the map as you move and provide turn-by-turn directions based on your current location.
- Team Communication, or the ability to communicate with team members and customers, is a key part of any business. Having a good communication system allows businesses to keep everyone updated on what is going on and provide a way to get in touch with anyone who may need assistance.
- Activity Reports Analysis, or searching activity reports and analysing the data to find patterns.
- Navigation, or a feature on some smartphones and other devices, allows the user to input a destination and verbally receive turn-by-turn directions.
- Feedback, or being able to receive feedback, comments and ratings from my passengers constantly. This feedback helps me to improve my service and keep my passengers happy.
Small and medium-sized businesses should consider using delivery route optimisation to improve their efficiency and bottom line. This software can help businesses save time and money by planning the most efficient delivery routes possible. Additionally, delivery route optimisation can help businesses keep track of their deliveries, ensuring that each delivery is made on time and to the correct address.
At SolBox, you can grow and scale your logistics business easily and effectively with our route optimisation, digital delivery and driver safety check solutions. Improve workflow, remove inefficiencies, and intelligently allocate resources to reduce your cost to serve with our fast and flexible technology solutions. If you’re looking for route optimisation software in Australia, we’ve got you covered! Get in touch with us today and let us know how we can help!